At Dickleburgh C of E Primary Academy we take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously. We are committed to the highest levels of well-being for our pupils and staff and have rigorous and robust systems in place. We expect all staff, governors, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
Our objectives are to:
- Provide a safe environment for all of our pupils to learn
- Identify children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and take appropriate action, with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in the education setting.
We will aim to do this by:
- Aiming to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Promoting safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children
Our designated safeguarding leads are:
Mrs Croskell-Executive Headteacher
Mrs Delaine-Assistant Headteacher and SENDCo
Mr Sanders- Assistant Headteacher
Miss Boon-Class Teacher and Mental Health 1st Aider
Miss Hondus-Office Manager
Mrs Brown is the safeguarding lead for our Pre-School setting.
The member of the governing body responsible for safeguarding is Mr Bruce Gordon.
We have a number of policies in place for safeguarding, which cover teaching staff, support staff and volunteers. These are reviewed regularly.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (Statutory guidance for schools and colleges on safeguarding children.)